This Skill Set provides you the skills to assist and support people who are experiencing mental health concerns, and respond to the increasing need for mental health awareness. You will also gain practical experience to integrate mental health support skills into your work practice.
2024 intakes – places available!
We are now taking expressions of interest for our programs starting on the following dates:
- 21 March & 31 July @ Pathways Bentley
- 23 April @ Bunbury
This skill set consists of five Units of Competency:
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCMHS005 Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues
- CHCCCS003 Increase the safety of individuals at risk of suicide
- CHCCCS019 Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment.
Pricing per Student
Course fee: $0
Resource fee: $0
Fully funded by the Fee Free in ’23/24 WA government initiative.
Funding eligibility conditions apply.
Progression to CHC43315 – Certificate IV in Mental Health. Successfully completed units of this Skill Set can be credited towards this Certificate IV qualification.